So you think she's pregnant? Generally, pregnancy is thought of as a "woman's issue." Here at the Pregnancy Help Center we believe in the importance of a father in a child's life. PHC is here to offer you support and education as you help your partner make decisions regarding this pregnancy that affects both of you. Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our counselors to talk about your role as a father.
Maybe you are feeling confused. Maybe you are feeling like your life is over. Maybe you are feeling like you failed her. Your stress levels have risen greatly and you are probably feeling pretty tense. So, we would like to offer you some quick advice to help you get through this moment of time:
- Listen: This situation now involves three people and she is probably freaking out just as much as you are.
- Stay calm: You are now both parents and you need each others support. Allowing your anger and confusion to overtake your thinking won't help.
- Talk about it: Talk to each other and other trusted people. Share your concerns and ask for advice from those you trust. Help her to know she is not alone and neither are you.
- Gather all the facts: Get all the information you need to help her make an informed decision about this child.
- Don't bail: She needs you now more than ever. The more you run from this the harder it will be to think clearly and face the situation.
- Don't pressure her: The more you pressure her the further she will push herself away from you.
- Don't forget: You have a very active role in this situation. Stay involved, make a decision together.